We all want our kids to be leaders- to be able to lead others or stand up for themselves. Here’s my top five how tos. What’s yours?
- Let Kids Make Mistakes: Mistakes build character. They teach us that we can overcome.
- Don’t Help: You read it right. Don’t help your child. Let them figure it out themselves. Always think- what’s the worse that can happen? If you can fix that scenario, let your child grow by helping themselves.
- Let them know: “I expect you to be one of the leaders.”: It’s okay to give our children expectations. It’s a stress that is valuable to their growth.
- No Phone 24/7: You want your child to be able to think by themselves without seeking advice for every little thing. If they are in a safe area, consider leaving them without a phone.
- Be a Model: Lead by example. Do good. Be good. And. . . make sure you let your kids know.
Interested In Haleh Resnicks Books?Click Here